We welcome those who wish to use Ditmars Orchard as a backdrop and setting for any portrait or commercial photography, even if the photographer is not compensated, financially or otherwise.
Examples of “portrait photography” are: high school senior, engagement, family, graduation, maternity, wedding, etc. Examples of “commercial photography” are: catalog, fashion, advertisement, promotion, etc.
Please read this information carefully and completely.
We ask that professional photographers cooperate in the following manner:
PRIOR TO PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS:
· Purchase a Photographer’s Pass:
2021 Annual Pass is $200
Covers only the named photographer, and is good for the 2021 season (which ends on Sunday, November 5th). This pass is valid for photography sessions only and not for Orchard admission on other visits. It is not valid for admission during special events that require separate ticketing (ie: Fields of Flight Balloon Festival)
2021 Single Session Pass is $25
Covers only the named photographer, and is good for one photography session.
2021 One Day/Mini Session Pass is $75
Covers only the named photographer, and good for the entire day of shooting multiple sessions within that day.
· Activity bands are required for everyone in a photography party, IF wanting to partake in any orchard activities, rides, picking, etc. before, during or after your session.
· Please note that, for the comfort and safety of all our guests, pets are not allowed at Ditmars Orchard. Trained service animals are, of course, warmly welcomed.
· Aside from simply sharing social media posts by Ditmars Orchard, please do not promote any of our special events, bands, character appearances (e.g. costume characters), or sales as a way to promote your photography services. This is to maintain the integrity of our offerings and allow for changes due to weather, illness or other reasons. We ask you not to make promises to your clients that you have no control over and, unfortunately, we might not be able to keep
Our hours of operation are:
Thursday – Saturday 10-6
Tuesday – Saturday 10-6
You are allowed to come for sessions anytime during normal business hours. We also have extended hours on Friday evenings, with free movie night events. Since free, you are welcome to come during these, but some nights may be crowded.
If wanting times outside of these hours, please schedule with us in advance. You must pay for your session before beginning. We also like to keep a schedule of who is on the property.
The weekend of September 10th – 12th is our largest event. Shooting the balloon event itself is fine, if you purchase a separate admission ticket. However, we will not be allowing sunset shoots or full day passes that weekend.
ARRIVING FOR PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS:
· Make sure your clients have your cell phone number so that they can contact you upon their arrival.
· Please pay at the main register before beginning your session.
DURING PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS:
· Photography is welcome in any public area of Ditmars Orchard. Please do not enter any areas marked No Access, Do Not Enter, or areas with working farm equipment.
· Please respect the natural environment and the crops we are growing. Use care and caution around landscaping.
· Apples, zinnias, sunflowers and pumpkins are not included in the cost of Photographer’s Pass or activity admission. They are available for purchase if you wish to use as props to hold.
· The use of drones is strictly prohibited.
· No public area may be closed or blocked to customers during a photo shoot. A Photographer’s Pass does not offer exclusive access to any part of the property.
· Please keep a close eye on your equipment and property. Ditmars Orchard assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to any equipment or belongings.
Thank you for choosing us as your photography site and following our photography policy!
If you have any questions, please message our Facebook, e-mail email@example.com or call 712-256-7053